In industrial production, through the liquid compressed air fractionation method to obtain the liquid nitrogen, can be used as a depth refrigerant, due to its chemical inertness, can directly contact with biological tissue, frozen immediately and won’t destroy biological activity.
- Quickly freeze and transport food, or make ice products.
- Study on low temperature physics.
- Demonstrate low temperature state in science education.Soft objects soak in liquid nitrogen in normal temperature, which can be as brittle as glass.
- Provide the temperature of superconductivity of high temperature superconductor.
- Refrigerant can be used to quickly freeze biological tissue to prevent the tissue from being destroyed.
- Used for industrial nitrogen fertilizer manufacturing.
- Used for chemical testing, such as BET ratio surface area test method.
Biological and medical uses:
- Eliminate red imported fire ants.
- In surgery, quick freezing can be used to help stop the bleeding and remove the superficial layers of the skin.
- Storage of living tissue, biological samples and sperm eggs.